Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Funny!

Yesterday my daughter decided she wanted to make cookies. I love cookies so of course I indulged her. We found a new recipe on Pintrest called Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Shortbread cookies. It was a fast easy recipe. I baked them last night, but it was so late my kids didn't get to try them so I let them have one this morning.

Here is my youngest son Gavin's reaction: "These cookies taste like dirt."
Me: "Really, I didn't think they tasted that bad. I thought they were pretty good."
Gavin: "Well, they taste like peanut butter and chocolate, but it feels like I'm eating dirt."
Me: "That's because it's a shortbread cookie. They have a little different texture then regular cookies. It will probably just take you a while to get use to their texture is all."
Gavin: "I don't know, Mom. I don't think I'll ever get use to eating dirt; even if it taste like peanut butter and chocolate. Will you finish it for me?"
Laughing out loud I took the cookie and ate the last two bites. 
Me, "Well, Gavin I guess that's the difference between you and me because as long as my dirt tastes like peanut butter and chocolate I'll eat it with a smile.

What I really wanted to say to him was, "When I was young we ate our dirt  and were grateful to have it", but I decided he might actually believe me and try to eat dirt. Generation gaps can be funny. Here is a video showing another type of generation gap. It's almost too painful to watch if you know how much an ipad can cost.

http://www.vidaddict.com/what-grandpa-does-with-his-ipad-gift/

Have a great weekend!

No comments: