Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Funny!

I am going to say something and I know once I say it  I'm going to get nothing but grief from my sister-in-law. Are you ready, Wendy? This year, so far, I think I have enjoyed the Christmas season almost as much as I enjoy Halloween. I know; crazy, but true.

This Christmas season seems different to me somehow. It might be that I don't feel the pressures I usually do around this time of year or maybe it's that we are away from family so I have tried harder to make the season special for my children. Whatever it is I have to say how grateful I am for this peaceful and loving feeling I have had at this Christmas time.

Last year my in-laws bought me an Advent calender shaped like a Christmas tree. It has individual cubes about an inch in size all around with  little doors on each cube numbered one thru twenty-four. I filled those boxes with different types of candy and have really enjoyed watching my children take turns opening those numbered doors. With each night we read a special Christmas story that highlights the true reason for the season, sing a Christmas song and then have family prayer. It has been amazing how much love it has brought into our home as my children really embrace the Christmas spirit. I guess the saying is true, "You reap what you sow", and right now I am loving the harvest.

Onto the Friday Funny! So I know after saying how much I am enjoying the season I go and post this, but I couldn't help it because I just watched The Hobbit with my husband in preparation to go see part two tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5J_90HwKFo&list=PL251732E1A3AF3D07&index=4

Have a great weekend!



No comments: