Thursday, January 31, 2013

Funny Thing Happened

Funny story: the last several days I've had no energy. (No that's not the funny part). I don't drink coffee, try really hard not to drink soda, I don't drink anything with fake sugar or eat anything that will had extra calories. This limits me to where I can get a quick pick me up.
A week ago I decided to try caffeine pills. The bottle said it was equivalent to drinking a cup of coffee. I took one and although it worked it left me feeling a bit jittery so I decided not to take anymore...until yesterday. Yesterday I needed to get through a long day so I took a pill a little after ten in the morning. It did it's job, but I felt like it was wearing off so at four in the afternoon I took another one just to get me through the rest of the day.
 Wow! What can I say; I was buzzing like a bee in spring. I had more energy than I knew what to do with. The only problem was it didn't wear off until 3:30 am. It was awful. I can't even imagine how people drink more than a cup of coffee a day. My head was spinning, my heart was racing, and my mind was reeling. I couldn't turn it off. It really made me wonder if the pills were laced with amphetamines.
I worried that I would be dragging butt this morning, but surprisingly I'm doing okay. I have learned a very important lesson though, if I ever got into a fight with caffeine I'm positive caffeine would kick my trash.

No comments: