Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Milestone Hit!

I really didn't know what to expect my first week as a published author. I was really nervous that's for sure. I think anyone trying out a new career has their nerves to deal with. I had spent so much time with this story and I wanted people to love it as much as I do. The characters are so real to me sometimes I forget their are just characters in a book.

I spent a solid nine months putting it together then tearing it apart trying to make it better for my readers. (My family at the time.)  So much time was spent learning the in's and out's to writing a book. I'm what you would call self-taught. I do have a degree, but it's not in literature so this journey has been eye opening.

I would have to say that I didn't really know what kind of goal to set for the first week of sales. I still don't know what would be considered good or bad, but I did have a number in mind and I hit it. I thought if I sold twenty books my first week I would consider it a successful week, but I ended up selling even more.

I have sold 53 book in the first six days! I am so excited about this and I have all my readers to thank. Thank you all for supporting it. I know I need to set a new goal, but right now I am enjoying the moment.

To all those who purchased my book, thank you! I have been wondering what you all have thought about it. I would love to hear from you.

I also thought I might post a special treat for those who have already read, Celtic Illusion. While I was writing the book I went prom dress shopping online for Alison and Tristana. If any of you are interested I still have the pictures of the dresses, corsages, and Tristana's hair piece from prom night.

Leave me a comment if any of you would be interested in having me post them.

No comments: